Our Services : Laboratory Services
ISO 22000: FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT
The consequences of unsafe food can be serious. ISO’s food safety management standards help organizations identify and control food safety hazards, at the same time as working together with other ISO management standards, such as ISO 9001. Applicable to all types of producer, ISO 22000 provides a layer of reassurance within the global food supply chain, helping products cross borders and bringing people food that they can trust.
The ISO 22000 is the comprehensive and internationally recognized standard for management systems in the food industry. It is a standard that assists with controlling risks in the food processing industry to achieve food safety for human consumption. This food safety standard was developed by professionals from the food industry and specialised organisations and in cooperation with the Codex Commission, UN (FAO) and WHO.
The ISO 22000 standard builds on benefits of the ISO 9001 quality management system and of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points management system (HACCP) and of the plans for provision of safe food.
WHY ISO 22000?
ISO 22000 sets out the requirements for a food safety management system and can be certified to it. It maps out what an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe. Generally, ISO 22000 certification;
- provides comprehensive and efficient control of food health and safety
- minimizes the occurrence of low-quality and health-risk foods
- increases food safety in the entire food industry chain
- provides a food safety audit by an independent third party
- increases trust by the public, industry and the public sector.
Requirements of ISO 22000
This document specifies requirements for a food safety management system (FSMS) to enable an organization that is directly or indirectly involved in the food chain:
- a) to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a FSMS providing products and services that are safe, in accordance with their intended use;
- b) to demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements;
- c) to evaluate and assess mutually agreed customer food safety requirements and to demonstrate conformity with them;
- d) to effectively communicate food safety issues to interested parties within the food chain;
- e) to ensure that the organization conforms to its stated food safety policy;
- f) to demonstrate conformity to relevant interested parties;
- g) to seek certification or registration of its FSMS by an external organization, or make a self-assessment or self-declaration of conformity to this document.
What organizations are the ISO 22000 requirements for?
All requirements of this document are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations in the food chain, regardless of size and complexity. Organizations that are directly or indirectly involved include, but are not limited to, feed producers, animal food producers, harvesters of wild plants and animals, farmers, producers of ingredients, food manufacturers, retailers, and organizations providing food services, catering services, cleaning and sanitation services, transportation, storage and distribution services, suppliers of equipment, cleaning and disinfectants, packaging materials and other food contact materials.
This document allows any organization, including small and/or less developed organizations (e.g. a small farm, a small packer-distributor, a small retail or food service outlet) to implement externally-developed elements in their FSMS.
With ISO 22000 certification, you will comply with and document the most stringent international food safety requirements and satisfy consumers’ rising demand for food safety. Certification will provide you with international recognition and acceptance. Improve your turnover by developing new international markets.
Our experts assist you with testing and certification according to the internationally recognized management system for food safety. We provide you with ISO 22000 certification, with which you can convince your customers and partners that your company ensures food safety.
Simply make an appointment easily and quickly with your World TUW STATION incl. an on-the-spot guarantee